Aspect Hits view: select from Top Menu
(for Export to CSV – scroll down)
Aspect Hits View calculates and shows aspect hits (Transits, Sec Prog, SA, Midpoints) to the currently displayed natal chart over a user-selectable date range. The resultant data is saved on exit, (bottom left – Done button).
Available for Your Charts and Provided Charts
- Transits to Natal planets/points
- Transits to Transit planets/points
- Secondary progressions to Natal planets/points
- Solar Arc directions to Natal planets/points
- Midpoints (from AC ver 2.75)
After exiting the Aspect Hit view the full landscape View #5 or View #6 can be used to view the automatically saved resultant aspect hits. The aspects table in View #5/6 can be sync’d to the displayed charts. Please see:
Tapping the Calculate button AC immediately saves the ticks made in the Aspect Hit tables. The midpoint tables Natal Planets/Points and Midpoint Aspects are saved immediately (if the Midpts button is selected and prior to tapping the Calculate button).
Aspect Hits to the Bitcoin chart – View #5
Aspect Hits to the Bitcoin chart – View #6 (Financial)
Aspect table legend
t = transit
r = radix/natal
p = progressed (secondary progression)
d = direction (Solar Arc)
E = Entering
X = Exact
L = Leaving
> = Already in aspect when entering
< = Already in aspect when leaving
See More Settings for Aspect Hits screenshot below.
Using the Aspects Hit view:
- Tap the start date field to pick a start date. See screenshot below.
- Tap Days, or Months, or Years for the period. See screenshot below.
- Tap the stepper to increase or decrease the period from the start date to the end date. See screenshot below.
- Tap Transits, and/or Sec prog, and/or Solar Arc switches
- Select Planets and/or Points
- Select Natal Planets/Point
- Select Aspects
- Tap Calculate
- Tap the Cancel button to stop the calculations.
For Midpoints – as above but
- Tap the Midpts button to enable it and populate the midpoints table.
- To apply ticks to all midpoints tap the All Midpoints button. Tap again to remove all the ticks. Tap a midpoint record to select it or unselect it (apply a tick or remove a tick)
Note midpoints follow the The Combination of Stellar Influence (COSI) standard but also have Chiron included.
Ready to Calculate…
Useful summary (from ver 2.07
Due to retrograde motion occasionally an aspect maybe missed. Again reducing the Entering and Leaving orbs to a minimum (eg 0.06 mins) can help. Reducing the Entering and Leaving orbs to a minimum can help even when Exact Only is selected from the Performance settings. This is often only useful for transits.
If you get many hits with the same date/time, increase the Entering and Leaving orbs. Applies to Sec Progressions, and Solar Arcs.
CSV export Aspect Hits results to iPad Text file (from AC ver 2.69)
Export AC Aspect Hits listing as a CSV file ready for import into the free Apple iOS app Numbers and other spreadsheet programs on Mac or Windows.
NB the CSV files are not exported to Drop Box.
CSV File Name View – tap the file name field to edit. The default file name is taken from the current Aspect Hits form title.
Locating the saved Aspect Hits CSV file on your iPad – Tap the Files app icon
Files App view
Notes and Caveats
An unfortunate limitation of iOS is that rich text cannot be saved to a text file ie symbols (eg zodiac signs etc) can’t be saved to a text file.
Only exact results are saved as CSV. Other results are ignored. See Performance setting – for exact aspects only.
24 hour time display is always used in the CSV file.
CSV Position column: seconds ” can’t be shown as the export routine uses ” to identify columns.
Commas can’t be shown in dates as commas are used as delimiters.
t = transit
p = secondary progression
d = solar arc direction
r = radix
For Comparison – the Aspect Hits Results the CSV file was derived from.